Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Archer, R v HM Revenue and Customs, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 21, 2017,  EWHC 296 (Admin)
1. This application for judicial review raises a point of principle regarding the effect of closure notices - given by HMRC to taxpayers pursuant to section 28A of the Taxes Management Act 1970 (``the TMA'') - which fail to specify the amount of the tax HMRC contends should be paid. Further points of principle arise regarding the scope of section 1...
- Dabrowski v Regional Court In Radom (Poland), Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 21, 2017,  EWHC 179 (Admin)
2. The European Arrest Warrant (EAW) was issued on 30 December 2014. The EAW is accusatory in nature. The appellant's surrender is sought for an offence of robbery which took place on 20 November 2008. The allegation is that the appellant carried out a street robbery by striking the offender on the shoulder, causing him to fall to the pavement a...
- Osman, R (on the application of) v London Borough of Harrow, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 21, 2017,  EWHC 274 (Admin)
1. The Claimant applies for judicial review of the decision of the Defendant on 23 March 2016 to award the Claimant Band C priority for the purposes of the allocation of housing accommodation. The award was made in accordance with the Defendant's amended housing scheme (the Amended Scheme) under Part VI of the Housing Act 1996 (the 1996 Act). The...
- Wallace, R (On the Application Of) v Parole Board for England And Wales, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 21, 2017,  EWHC 295 (Admin)
1. This is a claim for judicial review of a decision of the Parole Board dated 13 June 2016 in which it refused to recommend that the Claimant be transferred from closed to open conditions. Permission to proceed with the claim was given by Neil Cameron QC, sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge, on 17 October 2016. The Claimant had also sought to c...
- Harb v HRH Prince Abdul Aziz Bin Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, February 21, 2017,  EWHC 258 (Ch)
ii) an application by the Prince for an order that, unless Mrs Harb complies with an order made by the Court of Appeal to pay the Prince £250,000 as an interim payment in respect of costs within 14 days, her claim be struck out alternatively stayed. Background 2. Mrs Harb was born in 1947. Her claim in these proceedings arises out of an alleged or...
- Atheer Telecom Iraq Ltd v Orascom Telecom Iraq Corp. Ltd & Anor, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, February 17, 2017,  EWHC 279 (Comm)
2. Iraqna was originally owned by the First Defendant (``Orascom''). Then, in 2007, by a Share Purchase Agreement (``the SPA'') dated 1 December 2007 Orascom sold the entire issued share capital of Iraqna. 3. This was a major sale in a strategically significant sector. The purchaser was the Claimant (``Atheer''), part of the group branded as Zain.
- Rees & Ors v Commissioner of Police for the Metropolis, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, February 17, 2017,  EWHC 273 (QB)
1. The four claimants claim damages against the Metropolitan Police Commissioner (``the Commissioner'') for malicious prosecution and misfeasance in public office. On 30 November 2016 I ordered that the trial of liability be dealt with as a preliminary issue. This is my judgment on that issue. After the first mention by name of any individual (o...
- Joseph Gleave & Son Ltd v Secretary of State for Defence, Court of Appeal - Technology and Construction Court, February 17, 2017,  EWHC 238 (TCC), WLR(D) 116
1. This is a dispute about the ongoing procurement of over 6,00 product lines of hand tools for essential military needs. Following various delays, the second stage of the tender process is now likely to be completed at the end of February 2017, and the award of the contract is scheduled for early May 2017. At the CMC on 3 February, when consider...
- Dawson - Damer & Ors v Taylor Wessing LLP, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, February 16, 2017,  EWCA Civ 74
1. The appellants are Mrs Ashley Dawson-Damer and her two children, Piers Dawson-Damer and Adelicia Dawson-Damer, who are the adopted children of Mrs Dawson-Damer and her late husband, Mr John Dawson-Damer. The respondent (``TW'') is a firm of solicitors who act for the trustee of a number of Bahamian trusts. Mrs Dawson-Damer is a beneficiary of o...
- Savills (UK) Ltd v Blacker & Anor, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, February 16, 2017,  EWCA Civ 68
1. This is an appeal by the claimant, Savills (UK) Limited (``Savills''), against an order of HH Judge Bailey made in the County Court at Central London on 6 October 2015. The judge dismissed Savills' claim for the sum of £120,400.00 plus VAT which they say is due to them as agents' commission on the sale of a property known as the Mill Ride Estat...