Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Assoun v Assoun, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, May 18, 2017,  EWCA Civ 370
1. The Respondent wife makes application for payment-out of £30,000 that was ordered to be paid into court by Gloster and Macur LJJ on 14 July 2016. The basis for the application for payment-out to the wife is that she is still owed more than that sum by the Respondent Husband and the husband lost his appeal against the Hadkinson order to which th...
- Vanden Recycling Ltd v Kras Recycling BV, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, May 17, 2017,  EWCA Civ 354
1. This is an appeal against the judgment of Mrs Justice Cox of 17 December 2015 whereby summary judgment was given for the Third Defendant respondent, Kras Recycling BV (``Kras''), in respect of the claims made against it by the Claimant appellant, Vanden Recycling Ltd (``Vanden''). 2. Judgment was given on the basis that the effect of a Consent O...
- The Joint Administrators of LB Holdings Intermediate 2 Limited (Appellant) v The Joint Administrators of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) and others (Respondents)
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc (Appellant) v The Joint Administrators of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) and others (Respondents)
- The Joint Administrators of Lehman Brothers Limited (Appellant) v Lehman Brothers International (Europe) (In Administration) and others (Respondents)
- Jones, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, May 16, 2017,  EWHC 1111 (Admin)
1. This is a claim for judicial review of the North Wales Wind Farms Connection Order 2016 (``the Order'') as amended by the North Wales Wind Farm Connection (Correction) Order 2017. The Order granted development consent for the construction of a 132 kiloVolt (``kV'') electricity line, approximately 17.4 kilometres in length which was to run above
- ABC v St George's Healthcare NHS Trust & Ors, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, May 16, 2017,  EWCA Civ 336
1. This is an appeal against the decision of Nicol J given on 19 May 2015. The Judge acceded to the Defendant Respondents' application, and struck out the claim at common law on the ground that there was ``no reasonably arguable duty of care'' owed by the Respondents to the Appellant. He also struck out a claim formulated under the Human Rights A...
- J C and A Solicitors Ltd v Andeen Iqbal & Anor, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, May 16, 2017,  EWCA Civ 355
1. The Pre-Action Protocol for Low Value Personal Injury Claims in Road Traffic Accidents (``the RTA Protocol'') provides a scheme for the efficient resolution of personal injury claims arising out of road traffic accidents at proportionate cost and, at its early stages, using mainly electronic means of communication between the claimants' solicito...
- Taylor v Taylor & Anor, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, May 12, 2017,  EWHC 1080 (Ch)
1. This is my judgment on an issue about the ownership of land, arising in these proceedings. The proceedings themselves were commenced by claim form dated 10 June 2015. It sought (1) a declaration that a partnership previously carried on between the claimant and the two defendants was dissolved as from 31 May 2013, (2) an order that the affairs of...
- Gard Shipping AS v Clearlake Shipping PTE Ltd, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, May 12, 2017,  EWHC 1091 (Comm)
1. By a voyage charterparty dated 9 December 2015 (``the Charterparty''), Owners agreed to let and Charterers agreed to hire MT ``ZALIV BAIKAL'' (``the Vessel''), a 104,532 SDWT crude oil tanker, for one voyage from one safe port Ust-Luga (with further options as to a second and third load port) to one or two safe port(s) ``UK CONT NORTH SPAIN - HA...