Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- B-P (Children : adoption Or Fostering), Court of Appeal - Civil Division, September 20, 2018,  EWCA Civ 2042
1. At the end of a hearing on 6 September we allowed an appeal from an order of the Family Court refusing a local authority's application for placement orders in relation to three very young children, remitted the application for urgent rehearing, and gave directions to expedite that process. This judgment contains my reasons for concurring in tha...
- The Good Law Project, R (On the Application Of) v Electoral Commission & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 14, 2018,  EWHC 2414 (Admin)
1. The issue in this case is whether the Electoral Commission (the statutory body responsible for overseeing elections and referendums in the UK) has correctly interpreted the law which limited spending by participants in connection with the referendum held in June 2016 on whether or not the UK should remain a member of the European Union. More pa...
- Bhusate v Patel & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, September 13, 2018,  EWHC 2362 (Ch)
1. This claim relates to the estate of Mr Kashinath Vithoba Bhusate who died on 28 April 1990. I will refer to him as Mr Bhusate. His first wife (``Mrs Bhusate'') died in 1971. The 1st to 5th defendants are Mr Bhusate's children by his first marriage. The claimant brings this claim as Mr Bhusate's third wife. The validity of the marriage between Mr...
- Gelber & Anor v Tthe Sunderland Foundation & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, September 13, 2018,  EWHC 2344 (Ch)
2. The claim concerns the Marlborough 1981 Settlement (``the 1981 Settlement'') which was made on 13 October 1981 by John George Vanderbilt Henry Spencer Churchill who was the 11th Duke of Marlborough. He died on 16 October 2014. The 1981 Settlement was created for his descendants but by a series of deeds of appointment the trustees have reduced th...
- Classic Maritime Inc. v Limbungan Makmur SDN BHD & Anor, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, September 13, 2018,  EWHC 2389 (Comm)
1. On 5 November 2015 the Fundao dam, in the industrial complex of Germano in Brazil where iron ore is mined, burst. According to one iron ore expert who knows this area well the slurry went right down to the ocean, villages were swamped and people lost their lives. The bursting of the dam also stopped production at the iron ore mine and it is that...
- Chichester District Council v Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 12, 2018,  EWHC 2386 (Admin)
1. The Claimant, Chichester District Council (``the Council'') challenges by statutory review under s.288 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (``the TCPA 1990'') the decision of the First Defendant's inspector, set out in his Decision Letter of 2 November 2017 (``the DL''), to allow an appeal by the Second Defendant, Beechcroft Ltd against th...
- Sharma v Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 12, 2018,  EWHC 2355 (Admin)
1. The Applicant, Peter Sharma appeals under s.289 of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 (``the 1990 Act'') against a decision of the First Respondent's Inspector dated 30 October 2017 dismissing the Applicant's appeal against an enforcement notice issued on 14 December 2016 by the Second Respondent. 2. Permission to appeal was granted by Lewis J...
- Sabesan v London Borough of Waltham Forest, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 11, 2018,  EWHC 2373 (Admin)
1. This is an application by Mr Shanmuganathan Sabesan for an extension of time to appeal and, if the extension of time is granted, an appeal against the decision dated 12 October 2017 of Mr M F Young, acting in his capacity as Vice-President of the Valuation Tribunal for England (``the VTE''), in which he refused to authorise Mr Sabesan's appeal t...
- BCS Corporate Acceptances Ltd & Ors v Terry, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, September 07, 2018,  EWHC 2349 (QB)
1. By application notice issued on 19 April 2018, Daniel Terry, the defendant in this action (``the Defendant'') makes applications arising out of a freezing order in varied form dated 30 June 2017 (``the Freezing Injunction'') and an interim third party debt order made against him and his solicitor, Martin Cray & Co (``the Solicitors'') dated 5 Ju...
- Gregory & Anor v Moore & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, September 06, 2018,  EWHC 2343 (Ch)
1. This claim concerns the estate of Barry Pring who died in the Ukraine late in the evening of 16 or in the early hours of 17 February 2008. He was struck, while standing on the hard shoulder of the M06, part of the E40 autoroute, by a vehicle travelling without lights at some speed. He was crushed against the crash barrier and suffered very sever...