Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- WX, R (On the Application Of) v Northamptonshire County Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, August 14, 2018,  EWHC 2178 (Admin)
1. These two applications for judicial review concern decisions to make significant cuts to the library service in Northamptonshire. While austerity measures have led to the closure of many libraries around the country, evidence placed before me suggests that the scale of these cuts is unprecedented. They must be seen in the context of a local au...
- Gwinnutt v George & Anor, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, August 14, 2018,  EWHC 2169 (Ch)
WARNING: reporting restrictions may apply to the contents transcribed in this document, particularly if the case concerned a sexual offence or involved a child. Reporting restrictions prohibit the publication of the applicable information to the public or any section of the public, in writing, in a broadcast or by means of the internet, including
- Clutterbuck & Anor v Cleghorn, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, August 10, 2018,  EWHC 2125 (Ch)
1. This is the trial of the claimants' claim for damages for alleged fraudulent alternatively negligent misrepresentation which it is alleged induced them to enter into a joint venture agreement with Westbrooke Properties Limited (``WPL'') concerning a property development scheme (``Scheme'') that I describe in more detail in paragraph 3 below, mon...
- Brown & Anor v Neon Management Services Ltd & Anor (Rev 1), Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, August 10, 2018,  EWHC 2137 (QB)
1. The First and Second Claimants, Mr Brown and Ms Bhoma, are former employees of the First Defendant, Neon Management Services Ltd, and the Third Claimant, Ms O'Reilly, is a current employee serving her notice. The First Defendant is the management service company of the Second Defendant, Neon Underwriting Ltd, a Lloyd's syndicate providing insura...
- Matthews & Anor, R (on the application of) v City of York Council & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, August 08, 2018,  EWHC 2102 (Admin)
1. In this matter the Claimants challenge the Defendant's decision dated 21/11/17 to grant planning permission (the ``2017 Permission'') to the Interested Party for the demolition of an existing care home and the erection of a new 64-bedroom care home with car parking and landscaping on land at 1 Fordlands Road, York (the ``Site''). The existing
- Reynard v Fox, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, August 08, 2018,  EWHC 2141 (Ch)
1. This is my judgment on an application by Mr Christopher Reynard (``the applicant'') for permission to bring a claim under section 304 of the Insolvency Act 1986. It is the latest in a series of legal proceedings in which he seeks to make claims against Mr Nigel Fox (``the respondent''). In light of the previous proceedings, I have dealt with the...
- A-F (Children) (No 2), Court of Appeal - Family Division, August 08, 2018,  EWHC 2129 (Fam)
1. Following hearings in May 2017 and August 2017, I handed down judgment in these matters on 31 January 2018: Re A-F (Children) (Restrictions on Liberty)  EWHC 138 (Fam),  2 FLR 319. I shall not repeat what is in that judgment and will take it as read. This short final judgment follows a further hearing which took place in Liverpool on...
- Venables, Re (No 2, Court of Appeal - Family Division, August 08, 2018,  EWHC 2128 (Fam)
1. On 3 May 2018, following a hearing in public on 1 May 2018, I handed down a judgment explaining the directions I had given with a view to the hearing of this matter: Re the person previously known as Jon Venables; Application by Ralph Stephen Bulger and James Patrick Bulger  EWHC 1037 (Fam). 2. As I explained (judgment, para 8), the Minis...
- Wakenshaw, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary Of State For Justice, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, August 07, 2018,  EWHC 2089 (Admin)
1. The claimant has a long record of criminal offending. On 23 October 2009 he received an indeterminate sentence of imprisonment for public protection. He has served the minimum term stipulated within his sentence. His continued detention is periodically reviewed by the Parole Board to determine his suitability for release. In these judicial revie...
- Knagg & Ors, R v, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, August 07, 2018,  EWCA Crim 1863
1. On 20 February 2012, after a trial lasting some five months before HHJ Inman QC in the Crown Court at Birmingham, Knaggs (now in his mid-forties), Hadley (now in his late fifties) and Rich (now in his mid-forties) were each convicted of conspiracy to import cocaine (Count 1). Cassim Koubari, Melvin Smit, and Michael Phillips were all acquitted