Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Faichney & Anor v Aquila Advisory Ltd & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, March 20, 2018,  EWHC 565 (Ch)
1. Although this case has a lot of parties, the residual dispute (after settlements) is one beween Aquila Advisory Limited (``Aquila'' - as assignee of choses in action and property rights from Vantis Tax Ltd - ``VTL'') and the CPS as intervener. The essence of the dispute is whether proprietary rights to which Aquila would otherwise be entitled a...
- Royal Mail Group Ltd v Jhuti, Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, March 19, 2018,  UKEAT 0020_16_1903
2. Both appeal and cross-appeal succeeded. The Employment Appeal Tribunal held that since the Claimant failed to prove that there were any actionable detrimental acts that post-dated 30 March 2014, there were no ongoing similar acts or failures to act that could form part of a series for the purposes of enlarging time under s.48(3)(a). 3. Furth...
- Lewin, R (On the Application Of) v The Financial Reporting Council Ltd & Ors (Costs), Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, March 19, 2018,  EWHC 554 (Admin)
1. The first and second defendants apply for their costs against the claimant pursuant to CPR 44.2(2)(a) namely that the general rule is that the unsuccessful party will be ordered to pay the costs of the successful party. The defendants rely on the words of Jackson LJ in Fox v Foundation Piling Ltd  6 Costs LR 961 CA at : ``There has be...
- Lewin, R (On the Application Of) v The Financial Reporting Council Ltd & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, March 19, 2018,  EWHC 446 (Admin)
i) The decision of the second defendant (``the Committee'') on behalf of the first defendant (``the FRC'') to publish a report of the third defendant (``the Tribunal'') setting out its findings in a disciplinary case brought by the FRC against the interested parties (an accountancy firm and a partner of the firm); and/or ii) The Tribunal's report i...
- Haberdashers' Aske's Federation Trust Ltd v Lakehouse Contracts Ltd & Ors, Court of Appeal - Technology and Construction Court, March 19, 2018,  EWHC 558 (TCC)
1. This judgment concerns the proper construction of insurance provisions arising out of project-wide cover for a development that consisted of extension and other works to a school in Lewisham. The school is situated in the London Borough of Lewisham (``Lewisham''). Haberdashers' Aske's Federation Trust Ltd (``Haberdashers'') owns and operates a n...
- Harb v HRH Prince Abdul Aziz Bin Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, March 16, 2018,  EWHC 508 (Ch)
1. In these proceedings the Claimant (``Mrs Harb'') effectively seeks specific performance of an alleged oral agreement between herself and the Defendant (``the Prince'') made at the Dorchester Hotel (``the Dorchester'') in the early hours of Friday 20 June 2003 whereby the Prince agreed to pay Mrs Harb £12 million and to procure the transfer to he...
- MK Airlines Ltd v Katz & Anor (Acting As Joint Liquidator of MK Airlines), Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, March 16, 2018,  EWHC 540 (Ch)
1. This appeal is against orders made following successful misfeasance claims brought by the joint liquidators of an insolvent company against one of its former administrators. The misfeasance claim was brought under Schedule B1 of the Insolvency Act 1986 (``IA 1986''), para 75(2). The administrator's misfeasance, as found by the lower court, consi...
- Woodward & Anor v Phoenix Healthcare Distribution Ltd, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, March 16, 2018,  EWHC 334 (Ch)
2. After my draft judgment had been sent to the parties and while arrangements were being made for handing down, I was informed by Counsel for the Defendant that the Supreme Court had handed down its judgment in Barton v Wright Hassall LLP  UKSC 12 and I was asked to reconsider my judgment in the light of that decision, having particular rega...
- Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Company Ltd v Songa Offshore Equinox Ltd & Anor, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, March 16, 2018,  EWHC 538 (Comm)
(1) The first is an application by the Defendants, Songa Offshore Equinox Limited and Songa Offshore Endurance Limited (``Songa''), to strike out/summarily dismiss the application of the Claimant, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Company Limited (``DSME''), under section 69 of the Arbitration Act 1996 (the ``Act'') for permission to appeal...
- Pook v Rossall School, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, March 16, 2018,  EWHC 522 (QB)
1. Pursuant to permission granted by Sir Alistair MacDuff on 14 December 2017, the Appellant (Claimant) appeals against the order of Her Honour Judge Beech dated 4 August 2017 whereby she dismissed the Appellant's claim for damages arising from an accident that occurred on 14 January 2011. The Appellant was born on 25 October 2000 and was therefor...