Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Hannah Beety & Ors, R (On the Application Of) v Nursing And Midwifery Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 12, 2017,  EWHC 3232 (Admin)
1. The Claimants applied for judicial review of the decision of the Registrar of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (``the NMC''), dated 20 December 2016, that the indemnity arrangement providing cover to members of Independent Midwives UK (``IMUK'') by Lucina Ltd (``Lucina'') was not ``appropriate'' for the purposes of article 12A of the Nursing an...
- Mohammed v Comarca De Lisboa Oeste, Instancia Central De Sintra, 1a Seccão Criminal, Portugal, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 12, 2017,  EWHC 3237 (Admin)
1. This case concerns prison conditions in Lisbon Central Prison in Portugal. The appellant, Yaser Mohammed, appeals against the decision of District Judge Devas in the Westminster Magistrates' Court on 1 June 2017 ordering the extradition of the appellant pursuant to a conviction European Arrest Warrant (``EAW'') issued on 28 January 2016 by the r...
- Sri Prathinik Consulting Ltd, R (On the Application Of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 12, 2017,  EWHC 3204 (Admin)
1. By this claim the Claimant (``the Company'') seeks judicial review of a decision by the Defendant (``the SSHD''). The decision was dated 22nd May 2015 and was to revoke the Company's Tier 2 Sponsor Licence. 2. The Company has carried on business as an IT Consultancy. On 16 October 2013 it sought and obtained a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence because
- B and C (Change of Names: Parental Responsibility: Evidence), Court of Appeal - Family Division, December 12, 2017,  EWHC 3250 (Fam)
This judgment was delivered in private. The judge has given leave for this version of the judgment to be published on condition that (irrespective of what is contained in the judgment) in any published version of the judgment the anonymity of the children and members of their family must be strictly preserved. All persons, including representat...
- Gaskin, R (on the application of) v Richmond Upon Thames London Borough Council & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 11, 2017,  EWHC 3234 (Admin)
1. This is a claim for judicial review brought by the Claimant, Mr Peter Gaskin, against Richmond-upon-Thames London Borough Council (``the Council'') and Lavender Hill & Wimbledon Magistrates' Court. The Claimant seeks to challenge the Council's failure to issue him with a renewed licence for a house in multiple occupation (``HMO'') under Part 2 o...
- Dorothy Bohm & Ors v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 08, 2017,  EWHC 3217 (Admin)
1. This is an application under s.288 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 to quash the decision of the Defendant, taken through an Inspector, dated 9 March 2017. The decision was to allow an appeal brought by Mr San, the Interested Party, against the refusal of planning permission by the London Borough of Camden (``the Council''). The plannin...
- Haigh v Westminster Magistrates Court & Or, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 08, 2017,  EWHC 3197 (Admin)
2. The substantive judicial review in this matter was brought by the Claimant, David Haigh, to challenge an order for costs made against him by the Westminster Magistrates' Court. That costs order followed him withdrawing his request for a criminal summons or warrant to be issued against Messrs Patel, Al Rayes and Gray. In the judicial review proce...
- Ibidokun, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 08, 2017,  EWHC 3178 (Admin)
1. In these proceedings the Claimant challenges the legality of his detention by the Defendant since the 6th August 2016 on the grounds (a) that it has lasted for a period that is unreasonable in all the circumstances and (b) that the Defendant has failed to act with reasonable diligence and expedition to effect his removal from the UK. He seeks a
- M2 Property Invest Ltd, Re, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, December 08, 2017,  EWHC 3218 (Ch)
1. This is an application for the approval of the completion of a proposed cross border merger pursuant to Regulation 16 of the Companies (Cross-Border Mergers) Regulations 2007 (``the Regulations''). 2. The Regulations give effect in the UK to the provisions of Directive 2005/56/EC on cross-border mergers of limited liability companies (``the Dire...
- Davies v Carillion Energy Services Ltd & Anor, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, December 08, 2017,  EWHC 3206 (QB)
1. In this action commenced on 4 December 2015 (``the Second Action''), Philip Davies (``the Claimant'') claims damages against the first defendant, Carillion Energy Services Limited (``Carillion'') and the second defendant, Home Installation Services Northwest Ltd, (referred to as ``the Defendant'') for breach of contract in relation to the supply...