Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Alamgir & Ors, R v, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, January 18, 2018,  EWCA Crim 21
1. The appellant Choudry appeals with the leave of the Single Judge against a sentence of 4 years' imprisonment for an offence of encouraging support for a proscribed organisation contrary to s.12 of the Terrorism Act 2000. The appellant had been convicted at the Central Criminal Court after a re-trial. A number of co-accused had been convicted o...
- Lovell, R v, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, January 18, 2018,  EWCA Crim 19
2. The appellant was convicted of murder in the Crown Court at Teesside on 13 December 2016. On 19 December he was sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum term of 25 years less time spent on remand being specified. There was a co-accused, Christopher Stubbs, who pleaded guilty to murder at the start of the trial. He was sentenced to life i...
- Easynet Global Services Ltd, Re, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, January 18, 2018,  EWCA Civ 10
1. This appeal is concerned with the operation of the Companies (Cross-Border Mergers) Regulations 2007 (``the Regulations'') and the Cross-Border Mergers Directive 2005/56/EC of 25 October 2005 (``the 2005 Directive''), which the Regulations implement in domestic law. The appeal is from a judgment of Birss J dated 31 October 2016. Since that judgm...
- Monde Petroleum SA v Westernzagros Ltd, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, January 18, 2018,  EWCA Civ 25
1. This appeal turns on the true construction of a clause in an agreement for consulting services of 23rd April 2006 (``the CSA'') whereby the claimant and appellant Monde Petroleum S.A. (``Monde'') agreed to provide services to assist the respondent Westernzagros Ltd (``WZL'') in obtaining an oil Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (``EPS...
- RAM (A Child), R (On the Application of v The Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, January 18, 2018,  EWCA Civ 18
1. This is an appeal about the Secretary of State's obligations to an unaccompanied child asylum seeker, RSM, under an EU legislative measure known as Dublin III. This measure specifies how the member states of the EU are to determine which of them is responsible for processing an asylum application. Thus, the first stage in the asylum process is...
- Teoco UK Ltd v) Aircom Jersey 4 Ltd & Anor, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, January 18, 2018,  EWCA Civ 23
1. This appeal relates to a share purchase agreement dated 19 November 2013 (``the SPA'') pursuant to which the respondents, Aircom Jersey 4 Limited and Aircom Global Operations Limited (``the Sellers''), sold to the appellant, Teoco UK Limited (``the Purchaser''), the issued shares in Aircom International Limited (``Aircom UK'') and Aircom Interna...
- Trigg v HM Revenue & Customs, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, January 18, 2018,  EWCA 17 Civ
1. This is an appeal from a decision of the Upper Tribunal (Tax and Chancery Chamber) (Asplin J and Judge Roger Berner) released on 12 April 2016 ( UKUT 0165 (TCC)) by which they allowed the appeal of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (``HMRC'') from the decision of the First-tier Tribunal (Judge Barbara Mosedale) that the taxpayer, Mr Nichol...
- Bombardier Transportation UK Ltd v Merseytravel & Anor, Court of Appeal - Technology and Construction Court, January 17, 2018,  EWHC 41 (TCC)
1. On 12 April 2017, in judgment  EWHC 726 (TCC), I granted Bombardier's application to amend an earlier consent order in respect of the disclosure of what was called Highly Sensitive Documentation (``HSD''). The HSD included elements of Stadler's successful tender. As the relevant Authority, Merseytravel had adopted a neutral stance toward...
- Maguire & Ors, R (on the application of) v Leeds Safeguarding Children Board, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, January 17, 2018,  EWCA Civ 6
1. The issue in this appeal is whether it was open to the coroner conducting the inquest into the death of Ann Maguire, who was murdered by a pupil on 28 April 2014 at Corpus Christi Catholic College in Leeds, to decide not to question further, or call as witnesses at the inquest, approximately nine fellow pupils with whom the assailant had contact...
- Nixon & Anor, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, January 17, 2018,  EWCA Civ 3
1. In R (Kiarie) v Secretary of State for the Home Department; R (Byndloss) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  UKSC 42;  1 WLR 2380 (``Kiarie & Byndloss'') the Supreme Court held that, on the evidence before it, an out-of-country appeal would not be effective protection of the human rights of the two appellants before the cou...