Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Reigate And Banstead Borough Council v Secretary of State for Communities And Local Government & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, June 27, 2017,  EWHC 1562 (Admin)
1. The Claimant (``the Council'') applies under section 288 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (``TCPA 1990'') to quash the decision of the First Defendant (``the Secretary of State'') made by an Inspector on his behalf on 8 November 2016, in which he allowed an appeal by the Second Defendant (``the developer'') against the Council's refusal...
- Alsaifi v Amunwa, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, June 27, 2017,  EWHC 1443 (QB)
1. This is the hearing of an application by the defendant to this claim for libel, by which he seeks to bring it summarily to an end. Also before the court is an application notice filed by the claimant in response to the defendant's application, seeking rulings on meaning. 2. The claimant, Mr Alsaifi, describes himself as ``a highly educated prof...
- Alsaifi v Trinity Mirror Plc & Ors, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, June 27, 2017,  EWHC 1444 (QB)
1. This is the judgment of the Court on two interim applications in this action for libel. The main issues raised by the applications concern (1) the meanings which the words complained of are capable of bearing and (2) the extent to which, if at all, the claims advanced by the claimant, Mr Alsaifi, have any real prospect of success having regard t...
- Alstom Transport UK Ltd v London Underground Ltd, Court of Appeal - Technology and Construction Court, June 27, 2017,  EWHC 1521 (TCC)
1. The Defendants apply to lift an automatic suspension on contract making imposed by Regulation 45G of the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2006. They are responsible for the London tube system in general and the Central Line in particular and are commonly known as LUL and TfL. The Claimant is a company registered in the United Kingdom. It is a...
- Blue v Ashley, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, June 26, 2017,  EWHC 1553 (Comm)
1. The question of some general importance raised by this application is whether a member of the public or the press should be given access in advance of a trial to witness statements which have been prepared for use at the trial in circumstances where the witness statements have already been referred to at a pre-trial hearing. The application is
- Schweppe v Closier & Anor, Court of Appeal - Technology and Construction Court, June 26, 2017,  EWHC 1486 (TCC)
1. By applications dated 23 and 24 March 2017, the defendants seek to strike out the claim against them. Although a variety of grounds for the strike out were ventilated in the witness statements, it was agreed at the hearing on 14 June 2017 that, at least in the first instance, the court would confine itself to a consideration of two grounds only...
- Alderson v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, June 23, 2017,  EWHC 1415 (Admin)
1. This is an appeal under section 289 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 against the decision of the First Respondent through his Inspector, Sukie Tamplin DipTP Pg Dip Arch Cons IHBC MRTPI, to dismiss the Appellant's appeals against two enforcement notices issued on the 18th November 2015 by the Second Respondent Council as local planning a...
- Ats v Municipal Court of Dabas, Hungary, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, June 23, 2017,  EWHC 1497 (Admin)
1. The appellant appeals against an extradition order made by District Judge Devas on 30th. September 2016 at the Westminster Magistrates' Court. The appeal focuses centrally upon whether the judge was wrong to hold that the public interest in extradition outweighed the interference which that extradition would undoubtedly cause to the Article 8 r...
- Burford v Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, June 23, 2017,  EWHC 1493 (Admin)
1. This appeal is brought under s.289 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (``the 1990 Act'') to quash the decision of the First Respondent's planning inspector, issued by letter dated 8 November 2016 (``the Decision'') to dismiss the Appellant's appeals under grounds (a), (c) and (f) of s.174 of the 1990 Act against an enforcement notice (``t...
- Dignity Funerals Ltd v Breckland District Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, June 23, 2017,  EWHC 1492 (Admin)
1. The Claimant, Dignity Funerals Limited, challenges the decision of the local planning authority, Breckland District Council (``BDC''), dated 22 December 2016 to grant planning permission for the erection of a new crematorium, car park, gardens of remembrance, access roads and ancillary buildings on land at Norwich Road, Scoulton (``the site'').