Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Reference by the Attorney General for Northern Ireland of devolution issues to the Supreme Court pursuant to Paragraph 34 of Schedule 10 to the Northern Ireland Act 1998 (No 2)
- Ameyaw v Pricewaterhousecoopers Services Ltd, Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, January 04, 2019,  UKEAT 0244_18_0401
The Appellant applied for an earlier ET Judgment in the proceedings (sent out to the parties and entered in the public Register over a year before) to be removed from the Register as she objected to the fact that it was publicly accessible on-line; alternatively, she asked for an Anonymity Order to be made under Rule 50 of the ET Rules. The ET ref...
- ASDA Stores Ltd v Raymond, Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, December 13, 2018,  UKEAT 0268_17_1312
The Claimant was dismissed for urinating in a loading yard, the Respondent employer alleging that this was a breach of (unspecified) Health and Safety Regulations and serious and wilful neglect of company property. The Tribunal found that the dismissal was unfair and that the dismissal arose from the Claimant's disability. A subsequent Judgment i...
- CL, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 06, 2018,  EWHC 3333 (Admin)
1. ``Sexting'' is the creating, sharing, sending or posting of sexually explicit messages or images via mobile phones or other electronic devices. It covers a wide variety of circumstances. This case concerns peer-to-peer sexting by young people of photographs, initially self-generated and deliberately sent to another young person, although somet...
- Alibkhiet v London Borough of Brent v City of Westminster, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, December 06, 2018,  EWCA Civ 2742
1. You would need to be a hermit not to know that there is an acute shortage of housing, especially affordable housing, in London; and that local government finance is severely stretched. Under the homelessness legislation housing authorities in London have duties to procure housing for the homeless; and must, so far as it is reasonably practicable...
- AM (Iran) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, December 06, 2018,  EWCA Civ 2706
1. This is an appeal by the Secretary of State from a decision of the Upper Tribunal (Asylum and Immigration Chamber) (`UT') promulgated on 25 January 2017. In that decision Upper Tribunal Judge Kopieczek (`the UT Judge') concluded that deporting the respondent (`AM') to Iran would place him at risk of ill-treatment in contravention of his rights u...
- SR (A Child), Re, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, December 06, 2018,  EWCA Civ 2738
2. S was born in August 2011. His parents were never married but his father has parental responsibility by virtue of being named on his birth certificate. After they separated some years ago, S lived with his mother but had contact with his father, including staying contact, in accordance with court orders made in private law proceedings under the
- M (A Child) (Secure Accommodation), Court of Appeal - Civil Division, December 06, 2018,  EWCA Civ 2707
1. A secure accommodation order permits, but does not compel, a local authority to keep a child in secure accommodation. A court hearing an application for such an order under Section 25 of the Children Act 1989 or Section 119 of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 in respect of a child who is being looked after by a local authorit...
- My Community Space v Ipswich Borough Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 05, 2018,  EWHC 3313 (Admin)
1. This appeal by case stated concerns liability orders for national non-domestic rates. The orders were made by District Judge Celia Dawson (``the judge'') in the South Suffolk Magistrate's Court sitting at Ipswich following an adjudication by the judge in a written judgment on 15 May 2017. 2. The appellant, My Community Space (``MCS'') is a regis...
- Kazakhstan & Anor v The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV, London Branch & Ors, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, December 04, 2018,  EWHC 3282 (Comm)
1. This jurisdictional challenge is part of a long-running saga relating to the enforcement of a Swedish arbitration award dated 19 December 2013 in favour of the ``Stati parties'', the Second to Fifth Defendants, and against the Second Claimant, the Republic of Kazakhstan (``RoK''). 2. Enforcement proceedings are afoot in several jurisdictions but...