Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Kelly v Pyres, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, June 14, 2018,  EWCA Civ 1368
1. This is an appeal against an order made by Mr Justice Cobb on 8 March 2017 whereby the court found that at the date of her divorce petition of 28 July 2015, the applicant wife, Una Mary Kelly (``the wife'') was domiciled in England and Wales. 2. In the light of his finding, the judge made an order that the applicant was entitled to proceed with...
- Morris v Metrolink RATP DEV Ltd, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, June 14, 2018,  EWCA Civ 1358
1. This is an appeal against a decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal (Slade J sitting alone) dated 15 December 2016, allowing an appeal against the decision of an Employment Tribunal sitting in Manchester (Employment Judge Slater sitting alone) that the Claimant, the Appellant before us, was unfairly dismissed. The ET's finding was not only o...
- Nesiama & Ors, R (On the Application Of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, June 14, 2018,  EWCA Civ 1369
1. Under paragraph 245CD(c) and (d) of the Immigration Rules (``the Rules''), to qualify for indefinite leave to remain (``ILR'') in the United Kingdom (``the UK''), an applicant is generally required to show that he has spent ``a continuous period [of five years] lawfully in the UK...''. By paragraph 245AAA(a)(i), that is defined as being ``resid...
- Sarker, R v, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, June 13, 2018,  EWCA Crim 1341
1. This is an application by the British Broadcasting Corporation (``BBC'') (supported by Associated Newspapers, Guardian News and Media, Mirror Group Newspapers, News Group Newspapers, the Press Association and Times Newspapers) for permission to appeal a reporting restriction order imposed by His Honour Judge Juckes QC at Worcester Crown Court on...
- Pimlico Plumbers Ltd and another (Appellants) v Smith (Respondent)
- JP Whitter (Water Well Engineers) Limited (Appellant) v Commissioners for Her Majestyâs Revenue and Customs (Respondent)
- Project Blue Limited (Respondent) v Commissioners for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (Appellant)
- Cartier International AG and others (Respondents) v British Telecommunications Plc and another (Appellants)
- Jollah, R (On the Application Of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, June 12, 2018,  EWCA Civ 1260
2. The context is one of immigration detention. The claimant, who is the respondent to this appeal (and who for present purposes I will call ``IJ''), was made subject to a curfew restriction between the hours of 23.00 and 07.00 for a period between 3 February 2014 and 14 July 2016, pending potential deportation. Such curfew was imposed by those act...
- MM (Malawi) & Anor, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, June 12, 2018,  EWCA Civ 1365
1. The Applicants are nationals of Malawi. The First Applicant entered the United Kingdom on 10 October 2004 on a student visa. The Second Applicant entered on the same day on a visitor visa. They married whilst lawfully in the United Kingdom. 2. In 2010, the First Applicant felt very unwell, and, as well as being diagnosed with having a numbe...