Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Fletcher v Keatley, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 12, 2017,  EWCA Civ 1540
1. This is an appeal from the order of HHJ Main QC, sitting in the County Court at Manchester, made on 13 April 2016, whereby the judge entered judgment in favour of the respondent, Anthony Keatley (now aged 27), in respect of his claim for damages for personal injury suffered by him in a motor accident on 6 April 2007 (when aged 17) while travelli...
- Gahan v Emirates, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 12, 2017,  EWCA Civ 1530
1. In (C-402/07 and C-432/07) Sturgeon v Condor Flugdienst GmbH  ECR 1-10923, the Court of Justice of the European Union (``CJEU'') held, by applying the principle of equal treatment, that airline passengers had a right to compensation in the event of delay under Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 (``Regulation 261'') even though there was no expres...
- L-S (Child), Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 12, 2017,  EWCA Civ 1551
1. The proposed appellant (hereafter ``the mother'') is the mother of a child, B, who is now 12 years old. She seeks permission to appeal against orders made in 2016, in proceedings concerning B, by HHJ Wilding. The hearing before us was a combined hearing of the application for permission with the appeal to follow if permission were to be granted.
- Koninklijke Philips NV v Asustek Computer Incorporation & Ors, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 11, 2017,  EWCA Civ 1526
1. This appeal raises issues of construction of a patent cross-licensing agreement containing a covenant not to assert patents against third parties. The fourth and fifth defendants (together ``HTC'') were such third parties and claimed the protection of the covenant. They appeal from the decision of Arnold J dated 9 September 2016 and his conseq...
- Kovarska v Otkritie International Investment Management Ltd & Ors, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 11, 2017,  EWCA Civ 1485
1. This is an application by the respondent claimants, Otkritie International Investment Management Ltd and other companies in the Otkritie group (``the respondents'' or ``Otkritie''), to set aside an ex parte order which I made, as a single Lady Justice, on the papers on 21 November 2016 (the ``Order''), by which the appellant defendant (``Ms Kov...
- Medical Justice & Ors v Secretary of State for the Home Department & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, October 10, 2017,  EWHC 2461 (Admin)
1. At the heart of these judicial review claims is the contention that the Secretary of State, SSHD, has issued unlawful statutory Guidance, and policies, albeit for the lawful purpose of preventing those who are more vulnerable to harm in immigration detention from entering immigration detention, or for removing them from it, unless there are suff...
- Entry Clearance Officer, Sierra Leone v Kopoi, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 10, 2017,  EWCA Civ 1511
1. This is an appeal by the Entry Clearance Officer in Sierra Leone (``the ECO'') in relation to an application by the respondent, who resides in Sierra Leone and is a citizen of that country, for entry clearance to come to the United Kingdom to visit members of her extended family here. The respondent says she has no intention of remaining in the
- Willmont & Anor v Shlosberg, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, October 09, 2017,  EWHC 2446 (Ch)
1. These are applications by Jeremy Mark Willmont and Michael Finch, the joint liquidators (``the Liquidators'') of Webinvest Ltd (``Webinvest''), a company incorporated in St Vincent and the Grenadines (``SVG'') and by Jeremy Mark Willmont and Emma Sayers, the joint trustees in bankruptcy (``the Trustees'') of the Respondent (``Mr Shlosberg'') for...
- Wright v Rowland & Anor, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, October 09, 2017,  EWHC 2478 (Comm)
1. In the present action, the Claimant claims that the Defendants contractually agreed that he should have an option to purchase up to 5% of the shares of Banque Havilland S.A. (``BH'') for an option exercise price of 2.5 million. He claims that that agreement has been repudiated, and claims damages accordingly. Alternatively he claims a quantum...
- R v The Crown, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, October 09, 2017,  EWCA Crim 1487
2. This is an appeal against conviction relating to the Jury's consideration of transcripts of ABE interviews. The appellant was convicted of a number of sexual offences at Norwich Crown Court on 31 August 2016: count 1, rape of a child under 13; count 2, sexual activity with a child; count 3, a further count of sexual activity with a child; counts...