Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Seferi & Anor, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 20, 2018,  EWHC 287 (Admin)
1. Mr Seferi is an Albanian national, aged 30. He entered the UK illegally, he says in June 2014. Ms Zara was born in Albania in 1991, but is now a Greek national with permanent residence in the UK having exercised treaty rights since 2009. In April 2015 she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. 2. According to the Claimants they met in January 20...
- Scranage v. Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council (PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE - Review), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, February 19, 2018,  UKEAT 0032_17_1902
The Claimant had applied for a reconsideration of an earlier Employment Tribunal Judgment dismissing his claims. His application was made on “new evidence” grounds; specifically he relied on a Judgment of the Crown Court in subsequent criminal proceedings which raised questions as to the credibility of two of the managers who had initiated the dis...
- London Borough of Haringey v Simawi, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, February 19, 2018,  EWHC 290 (QB)
1. This claim was issued in the Clerkenwell & Shoreditch County Court on 3 June 2014. It started life as a simple claim for possession of a 2-bedroom maisonette in Hornsey (``the property''). The Defendant's father had been granted a secure weekly tenancy of the property by the Claimant on 8 August 1994. The Defendant's father died in June 2001. Hi...
- Hargrave House Ltd and Chaim Reiner v Highbury Corner Magistrates Court & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 16, 2018,  EWHC 279 (Admin)
1. This is an application for judicial review concerning the construction of the word ``repair'' in an enforcement order (EN) issued by a planning authority against a developer who was in breach of planning regulations. 2. The claimants, a company and its managing director, purchased a terraced residential property in the St John's Grove conserva...
- Mawbey, R (On the Application Of) v Lewisham Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 16, 2018,  EWHC 263 (Admin)
1. The Claimant seeks judicial review of the Defendant's decision, made on 9 June 2017, that the installation of mobile telephone apparatus by the First Interested Party on the roof of Forsythia House, Pendrell Road, Brockley, London, SE4 2PA (``the Building'') was permitted development under Part 16 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permit...
- Steer, R (On the Application Of) v Shepway District Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 16, 2018,  EWHC 238 (Admin)
1. The Claimant applies for judicial review of the decision by the Defendant (``the Council'') on 18 May 2017 to grant planning permission to the Interested Parties (``the IPs'') for a holiday park on their land at Little Densole Farm, Canterbury Road, Densole, Kent, CT18 7BJ (``the Site''). 2. The Claimant lives near to the Site and objected to
- Ticu v Tribunalul Bacau (Romania), Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 16, 2018,  EWHC 269 (Admin)
1. Ovidiu Ticu (``the Appellant'') appeals against an order made by District Judge Grant on 7th October 2016 by which he ordered the Appellant's extradition pursuant to a conviction EAW issued by Tribunalul Bacau in Romania (``the Respondent'') on 29th February 2016 and certified by the National Crime Agency on 9th March 2016. The Appellant is want...
- Abdullah Nasser Bin Obaid & Ors v Al-Hezaimi & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, February 16, 2018,  EWHC 243 (Ch)
1. On 28 June 2017 Barling J granted, on the application of the claimants, and without notice, a proprietary injunction and a worldwide freezing order against the defendants (``the June Order''). The injunctions contained in the June Order were discharged pursuant to the terms of a consent order made by Master Clark on 23 October 2017, and sealed
- Ice Architects Ltd v Empowering People Inspiring Communities (Rev 1), Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, February 16, 2018,  EWHC 281 (QB)
1. This is an appeal from the judgment of HHJ Parfitt of 13th October 2017 in which he found, on a trial of a preliminary issue, that the Claimant's action for payment of the balance of an invoice dated 23rd April 2009 was statute barred under section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. The appeal raises a single issue: whether HHJ Parfitt was wrong to
- Miller & Anor v The Health Service Commissioner for England, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, February 15, 2018,  EWCA Civ 144
1. This is an appeal against the order of Lewis J made on 22 October 2015 in the Administrative Court dismissing a claim for judicial review. The appellants who are registered medical practitioners had applied for judicial review of a decision of the Health Service Commissioner for England [the ombudsman]. The ombudsman had made a decision upholdin...