Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Agarwal v Cardiff University & Anor (Contract of Employment: Implied Term/Variation/Construction of Term), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, March 22, 2017,  UKEAT 0210_16_2203
The decision of the Court of Appeal in Southern Cross Healthcare Co Ltd v Perkins  ICR 285 that the Employment Tribunal has no jurisdiction to construe a Statement of Written Particulars in a claim under Employment Rights Act 1996 (``ERA'') section 11 applies equally where it is necessary to construe a contract in order to determine a claim u...
- Chief Constable of Kent Constabulary v Bowler (Race Discrimination), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, March 22, 2017,  UKEAT 0214_16_2203
The Respondent's appeal argued that the Employment Tribunal had drawn inferences that were not open to it on the primary facts and that it erred in concluding that a prima facie case of discrimination had been made out to reverse the burden of proof. The appeal succeeded in relation to a small number of findings only in respect of which the Claima...
- AM (Pakistan) & Ors v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, March 22, 2017,  EWCA Civ 180
1. This is an appeal by the Secretary of State against the decision of the Upper Tribunal (``UT'') in which UT Judge Freeman overturned a decision of the First Tier Tribunal (``FTT'') and granted the five respondents, (whom I shall call the applicants although they are the respondents to this appeal), leave to remain in the UK. The judge gave perm...
- Dove v London Borough of Havering, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, March 22, 2017,  EWCA Civ 156
1. Ms Evelyn Dove and Ms Elaine Dove are twin sisters who are or were joint tenants of a council flat at 61 Highfield Tower, Romford. Their landlord, Havering LBC, claimed possession of the flat from them on the grounds that (a) at the time when notice to quit was served upon them neither of them occupied the flat as her only or principal home; and...
- London Borough of Islington v Dyer, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, March 22, 2017,  EWCA Civ 150
1. This is an appeal by the London Borough of Islington (``the Council'') from an order of HH Judge Baucher made on 18 December 2014. She allowed an appeal by Mr Raymond Dyer against a possession order made by District Judge Sterlini on 15 July 2014 in respect of a flat which he occupied at 97 Godfrey House, Bath Street, London, EC1 (``the Flat'')
- HB v A Local Authority & Anor (Wardship - Costs Funding Order), Court of Appeal - Family Division, March 21, 2017,  EWHC 524 (Fam)
This judgment was delivered in private. The Judge has given permission for this anonymised version of the judgment (and any of the facts and matters contained in it) to be published on condition always that the names and the addresses of the parties and the children must not be published. For the avoidance of doubt, the strict prohibition on publi...
- Clutterbuck & Anor v Cleghorn (As Judicial Factor To the Estate of Nichol), Court of Appeal - Civil Division, March 21, 2017,  EWCA Civ 137
1. This is an appeal by the claimants, Ms Amanda Clutterbuck and Mr Ian Paton, against the decision of Mr Edward Murray, sitting as a deputy judge of the Chancery Division, dated 11 September 2015 and his consequential order dated 9 October 2015 striking out their claim against the defendant, Mr William Cleghorn, as the judicial factor to the estat...
- Takhar v Gracefield Developments Ltd & Ors, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, March 21, 2017,  EWCA Civ 147, WLR(D) 194
1. On 24 October 2008 the present claimant, Mrs Balber Takhar, issued proceedings in the Birmingham District Registry of the Chancery Division in which she alleged that various properties in Coventry of which she was the owner and registered proprietor had been transferred to Gracefield Developments Limited (``Gracefield'') as a result of undue inf...
- Skipton Properties Ltd, R (On the Application Of) v Craven District Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, March 20, 2017,  EWHC 534 (Admin)
1. By this application for judicial review, Skipton Properties Ltd (``the Claimant'') challenges the decision of Craven District Council (``the Defendant'') dated 2nd August 2016 to adopt a document entitled ``Negotiating Affordable Housing Contributions August 2016'' (``NAHC 2016''). 2. It is the Claimant's case that, pursuant to the Town and Cou...
- Wealden District Council v Secretary of State for Communities And Local Government & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, March 20, 2017,  EWHC 351 (Admin)
1. This is a challenge by way of application for statutory review brought under section 113 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 (``the 2004 Act'') to quash part of the Lewes District Local Plan Part 1, known as the Joint Core Strategy 2010-2030 (``JCS''). 2. The JCS was jointly prepared by Lewes District Council (``LDC'') and South Dow...