Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Twenty-Four Seven Recruitment Services Ltd & Anor v Afonso & 190 Ors, Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, October 16, 2018,  UKEAT 0311_17_1610
The Claimant agency workers made complaints to the ET that their contracts of employment with the Respondent temporary work agencies (``TWA'') did not comply with the requirements of Regulation 10(1)(a) of the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 (``AWR''); and that in consequence the exemption from pay parity under Regulation 5 did not apply. The ET
- Jane v Prosecutor General's Office, Lithuania, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, October 16, 2018,  EWHC 2691 (Admin)
1. On 25 April 2018 Hickinbottom LJ and I sat as a Divisional Court, and heard an appeal against the Order of Deputy Senior District Judge Ikram (``the DSDJ'') dated 3 November 2017. The DSDJ had ordered that the Appellant Guy Jane (``Mr Jane'') should be extradited to Lithuania to face a trial for alleged criminal conduct. For the reasons contain...
- Page v RGC Restaurants Ltd, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, October 15, 2018,  EWHC 2688 (QB)
1. This is an appeal from an order (``the costs budgets order'') imposing a sanction which limited the claimant's costs budget to applicable court fees only. The costs budgets order was made by Master Thornett at a costs and case management conference (``CCMC'') on 5 December 2017. It formed part of a more general order (``the CCMC order'') giving
- Cantt Pak Ltd v Pak Southern China Property Investment Ltd, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, October 12, 2018,  EWHC 2564 (Ch)
Introduction1. This is an action by Cantt Pak Limited ("the claimant") against Pak Southern China Property Investment Limited ("the defendant"). The claimant seeks the vacation of unilateral notices entered by the defendant on 24 March and 5 April 2017 on the charges register of title relating to commercial land and buildings in New Street, Miles P...
- ESO Capital Luxembourg Holdings II SARL v GSA Invest Management SA & Anor, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, October 12, 2018,  EWHC 2656 (Ch)
2. In the Judgment I was required to value the Claimant's 30% shareholding in Promoroche as at 10 October 2012 as the basis for an award of damages for an admitted breach of contract by the Defendants. That value was based upon the value of the Hotel at the same date. 3. After hearing factual and expert evidence, I decided to adopt a discounted...
- M&P Enterprises (London) Ltd v Norfolk Square (Northern Section) Ltd, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, October 12, 2018,  EWHC 2665 (Ch)
1. By this Appeal M&P Enterprises (London) Limited (the "Appellant") seeks an order setting aside the order of HH Judge Baucher (the "Judge") dated 9 February 2017, as varied by the order of Morgan J dated 26 April 2017, on the basis that the Judge's conduct of the Trial was unfair and/or would have led a fair-minded and informed observer to conclu...
- Bellman v Northampton Recruitment Ltd, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 11, 2018,  EWCA Civ 2214
1. This is an appeal from the order of His Honour Judge Cotter QC dated 13 December 2016. It raises the issue of the scope of vicarious liability in circumstances where an employee's wrongful conduct occurs outside the workplace and outside office hours. The Judge dismissed the Appellant's claim having decided that the Respondent company was not vi...
- Brangwyn v South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 11, 2018,  EWCA Civ 2235
1. The Appellant, Mr Andrew Brangwyn, was employed from 16 June 2008 as a Band 4 Occupational Therapy Technician (Workshop) at the Royal Leamington Spa rehabilitation hospital. The hospital workshop was an integral part of the Occupational Therapy Department. Access to the workshop was through common areas of the hospital. 2. The Appellant has a ph...
- Witley Parish Council v Cavanagh, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 11, 2018,  EWCA Civ 2232
1. The appellant (to which I will refer as ``the Council'') appeals with the permission of Thirlwall LJ against the Order dated 14 February 2017 of Sir Alistair Macduff sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge of the Queen's Bench Division that judgment be entered against the Council in favour of the respondent claimant on the issue of liability with q...
- Hague Plant Ltd v Hague & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, October 11, 2018,  EWHC 2517 (Ch)
1. Several issues have been raised at this CMC, which represents the latest in a lengthy, hard fought and acrimonious series of proceedings between members of a family. There are now applications for relief from sanctions, on the part of the claimant, and for the claim to be struck out, on the part of the defendants. Further issues in connection wi...