Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- FK v Stuttgart State Prosecutor's Office, Germany, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 19, 2017,  EWHC 2160 (Admin)
1. This is an appeal against the decision of District Judge Snow of 18 July 2016 to order the Appellant's extradition to Germany. Germany is a category 1 territory, and thus Part 1 of the Extradition Act 2003 (``the 2003 Act'') applies. All statutory references in this judgment are to the 2003 Act, except where otherwise appears. 2. The applicati...
- Citizens UK v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 18, 2017,  EWHC 2301 (Admin)
1. This is the application of the Claimant NGO (`CUK') for judicial review of the procedures adopted by the Defendant (`SSHD') shortly before and in the aftermath of the French Government's closure in October 2016 of the camp in Calais known colloquially as `the Jungle' and the subsequent dispersal of its occupants to accommodation centres called C...
- XX v Whittington Hospital NHS Trust, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, September 18, 2017,  EWHC 2318 (QB)
1. As a consequence of the Defendant's admitted negligence in failing to detect signs of cancer from smear tests in 2008 and 2012 and biopsies in 2012 and 2013, the Claimant developed invasive cancer of the cervix for which she required chemo-radiotherapy treatment that led to infertility and severe radiation damage to her bladder, bowel and vagina...
- CXF, R (on the application of) v Central Bedfordshire Council & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 15, 2017,  EWHC 2311 (Admin)
1. The Claimant in this case is a young man of 18. He has complex needs arising from his autistic spectrum disorder and other conditions. He is currently detained under s.3 of the Mental Health Act 1983 (``the MHA'') at Cawston Park Hospital, in Norfolk (``the Hospital''). The Hospital is within the area covered by the Second Defendant, and is 120
- May-Lean & Co Ltd v The Gas and Electricity Markets Authority & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 15, 2017,  EWHC 2307 (Admin)
1. The Defendant has the responsibility for administering and policing a mandatory system known as ``ECO 2'' by which energy suppliers (including, for instance, the Second Interested Party) are each obliged to achieve targets for reducing carbon dioxide emissions and consumers' energy bills through measures that include the installation of energy e...
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds Friends of the Earth Ltd & Anor v Secretary of State for Justice the Lord Chancellor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 15, 2017,  EWHC 2309 (Admin)
1. This is an application for judicial review of the amendments made to Part 45 Section VII of the Civil Procedure Rules (``CPR'') by Rule 8(5) of the Civil Procedure Amendment Rules 2017/95 (``The 2017 Amendments''). The 2017 Amendments affected changes to the bespoke costs arrangements which arise in cases which, broadly speaking, involve legal d...
- Shirley & Anor, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for Communities & Local Government & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 15, 2017,  EWHC 2306 (Admin)
1. On 4th March 2016 the 2nd Interested Party applied for planning permission for an urban extension to the south east of Canterbury, comprising some 4,000 dwellings together with a variety of other forms of complementary development. Land was reserved within the application for the potential relocation of the Kent and Canterbury Hospital and the
- The Underwritten Warranty Company Ltd (t/a the Insurance Backed Guarantee Company) & Anor, R (on the application of) v Fensa Ltd & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 15, 2017,  EWHC 2308 (Admin)
1. The first claimant, the Underwritten Warranty Company LTD (``UWC'') are insurance brokers specialising in the provision of insurance backed guarantees (``IBGs'') which are required for a regulatory scheme in relation to self-certification under the Building Regulations 2010 (``the 2010 Regulations''). The second claimant is its parent company. I...
- Corran v Butters & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, September 14, 2017,  EWHC 2294 (Ch)
1. This judgment follows the trial of the issues of liability (as specified in the case management order made by District Judge Khan on 10 June 2016) in relation to the unfair prejudice petition presented by the petitioner, Mr Colm Corran, on 15 March 2016. Mr Corran seeks relief as a result of the manner in which he says that the affairs of the t...
- De Mota v ADR Network & Anor (Jurisdictional Points), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, September 13, 2017,  UKEAT 0305_16_1309
(1) Examining the process prior to the grant of an early conciliation certificate in order to assess whether the Claimant was barred from instituting proceedings by section 18A(8) of the Employment Tribunals Act 1996. (2) Holding that it was a mandatory requirement of an early conciliation certificate that it must name only one Respondent, such tha...