Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Begum v Pedagogy Auras UK Ltd (t/a Barley Lane Montessori Day Nursery) (Religion or Belief Discrimination), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, May 22, 2015,  UKEAT 0309_13_2205
The Claimant was offered an apprenticeship (trainee nursery assistant) at the Respondent's nursery. She was an observant Muslim whose religious belief required her to wear a garment that reached from her neck to her ankles (a jilbab). She claimed that she had suffered a detriment by reason of the manifestation of her religious belief because she
- AB v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, May 22, 2015,  EWHC 1490 (Admin)
1. This is a substantive hearing in Judicial Review. The Claimant AB, represented by Ms Mair, was born in Nigeria. She challenges the decision of the Defendant, the Secretary of State for the Home Department, represented by Mr Hansen, not to recognise her as a victim of human trafficking for the purposes of the Council of Europe Convention on Actio...
- Diocese of Menevia & Ors, R (on the application of) v City and County of Swansea Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, May 22, 2015,  EWHC 1436 (Admin)
1. The First Claimant provides support, financial and spiritual, to Catholic schools within the county and city of Swansea. The Second Claimant is the governing body of Bishop Vaughan Catholic Comprehensive School, a school supported by the First Claimant. The Third Claimant is a pupil at St Joseph's Cathedral Primary School which is also supporte...
- GE (Eritrea)), R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, May 22, 2015,  EWHC 1406 (Admin)
1. This case has a long and complex litigation history which I need not set out here. Suffice to say that this hearing is taking place as a result of the Court of Appeal's order on 21 November 2014 for a re-trial of the issue of GE's age. 2. Counsel for each of GE and the Council (the claim against SSHD having been stayed) have helpfully agreed a n...
- Kakar, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, May 22, 2015,  EWHC 1479 (Admin)
1. The Claimant, who was born on 14 August 1983, is an Afghan national of Pashtun ethnicity. He was born and brought up in the village of Dergi, Qarbagh District, Kabul province. Until 2006 he lived in the village with his wife and his parents and sister. 2. For about 3 years before the events dealt with below he was working as a driver for SOZO In...
- NCM 2000 Ltd, R (on the application of) v HM Revenue & Customs, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, May 22, 2015,  EWHC 1342 (Admin)
1. This is an application by the Applicant, NCM 2000 Ltd, for permission to bring a claim for judicial review of a decision by the Respondent, the Commissioners of HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). The decision in respect of which the application is made is a decision to refuse the Applicant's claim for compensation for economic loss caused by what t...
- Bank of Beirut S.A.L. & Anor v HRH Prince Adel El-Hashemite & Anor, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, May 22, 2015,  EWHC 1451 (Ch)
1. On 30 March 2015 I heard an application by the Claimants in these two actions for summary judgment and other relief. I indicated at the end of the argument that I was satisfied that judgment should be given against the First Defendant and made an Order accordingly. I did not however have time on that day to give my reasons; and I also wished t...
- Granada Group Ltd v The Law Debenture Pension Trust Corporation Plc, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, May 22, 2015,  EWHC 1499 (Ch)
2. This claim challenges the legality of, and seeks to set aside, certain arrangements that were made by Granada in August 2000, shortly after its merger with Compass Group Plc, to secure the payment of supplementary retirement and death benefits to Granada's executive directors, then five in number. One of the directors concerned subsequently tran...
- Mercuria Energy Trading Pte Ltd & Anor v Citibank NA & Anor, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, May 22, 2015,  EWHC 1481 (Comm)
1. The central issue in these proceedings is whether bankers have complied with the re-delivery requirements of repo transactions in relation to cargoes of metal by delivering endorsed warehouse receipts to their counterparty, notwithstanding that (i) there is uncertainty as to the existence of the metal and (if it exists) the bankers' title to it,
- Axton & Anor v GE Money Mortgages Ltd & Anor, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, May 22, 2015,  EWHC 1343 (QB)
1. This is an appeal by the Appellants, Mr and Mrs Axton, against an Order of His Honour Judge Armitage QC, sitting at Manchester Crown Court, dated 14 November 2014 by which summary judgment was entered for the Respondent pursuant to CPR 24.2 in respect of the whole of the Appellants' claim against the Respondent. Background 2. The Appellants are ...