Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Oliver v R, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, July 28, 2016,  EWCA Crim 1053
2. On 30 July 2012 at the Crown Court at Chester, on the day fixed for trial, the appellant, Paul Oliver, now aged 53, changed his plea to one of guilty to the 16 counts on the indictment. Those were one count of possession of indecent photographs of children (count 1: Criminal Justice Act 1988, section 160(1)), and fifteen counts of making indecen...
- Palmer, R v, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, July 28, 2016,  EWCA Crim 1049
1. This is an appeal by the prosecution from the ruling of HHJ Hatton, sitting at the Crown Court at Liverpool and made on 10 October 2015, refusing to make a confiscation order against the respondent, Keith Palmer. 2. On 25 June 2014, the respondent had been convicted by the Liverpool and Knowsley Magistrates Court of an offence of engaging in lic...
- T, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, July 28, 2016,  EWCA Civ 801
1. This is an appeal by the appellant, T, against the order of Dingemans J. dismissing her claim for judicial review of the decision of the Secretary of State to refuse her application under what is known as the ``Destitute Domestic Violence Concession'' (the ``DDV Concession''). 2. The DDV Concession was established outside the Immigration Rules i...
- Bhardwa v FDA & Ors, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, July 28, 2016,  EWCA Civ 800
1. The appellant is Uma Bhardwaj. With the permission of Sir David Keene granted on a renewed oral application on 21 April 2015, she appeals against an order of the Employment Appeal Tribunal (`EAT') dated 1 November 2012 dismissing her appeal against a judgment of the London Central Employment Tribunal (`ET') dated 17 September 2010 and sent, with...
- Fennell v Foot Anstey LLP (Age Discrimination), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, July 28, 2016,  UKEAT 0290_15_2807
The Claimant was a solicitor who had not been offered a new partnership under a restructuring exercise carried out by the Respondent firm, in which he had been a limited equity partner (``LEP''). He complained this was because of his age (being aged over 45) and also made various other complaints about his earlier treatment by the Respondent in te...
- XC Trains Ltd v CD & Ors (Sex Discrimination : Comparison), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, July 28, 2016,  UKEAT 0331_15_2807
The Employment Tribunal did not err in deciding that a provision criterion or practice (``PCP'') which required train drivers employed by the First Respondent to work at least 50% of their roster and on a number of Saturdays put women at a particular disadvantage. They correctly based their decision on the relative numbers and proportions of the F...
- Denham & Anor v R, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, July 28, 2016,  EWCA Crim 1048
2. On 22 April 2015, following a trial before HHJ Lambert and a jury, Denham was convicted of Conspiracy to Sexually Assault a Child under 13. This was a conviction on count 1A, which was an alternative to count 1 on the trial indictment: Conspiracy to Rape a Child. On the same occasion Stansfield was convicted of two counts of Conspiracy to Rape a...
- Powell & Anor, R v, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, July 27, 2016,  EWCA Crim 1043
1. This is an application by the prosecutor under section 31 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. It concerns confiscation orders made by the Crown Court. The purpose of the Crown's application is to seek to vary upwards confiscation orders made against each of the respondents. 2. Jacqueline Powell was convicted at the Newport Crown Court of two
- WH Newson Holding Ltd & Ors v IMI Plc & Anor, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, July 27, 2016,  WLR(D) 418, EWCA Civ 773
1. This appeal is against paragraph 1 of an order dated 18 June 2015 made by Rose J in the Chancery Division by which she answered a preliminary issue turning on the interpretation of section 1(4) of the Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978 (`the 1978 Act'). Her answer was that the effect of the subsection was to bar Delta Limited and Delta Engi...
- Bolle Transport BV v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, July 27, 2016,  EWCA Civ 783
1. This is an appeal by the appellant, Bolle Transport BV (``the appellant''), a company incorporated under the law of the Netherlands, against an order of His Honour Judge Yelton made on 29 May 2014 in the Cambridge County Court upholding the imposition of a civil penalty on the appellant by the Secretary of State for the Home Department (``the