Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Greenland v Secretary of State for Justice (Race Discrimination: Indirect), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, January 28, 2015,  UKEAT 0323_14_2801
This is an appeal against a decision of the employment tribunal dismissing a claim for indirect discrimination. The case concerned the remuneration paid to different categories of members of the Parole Board. For a period between November 2009 and 1 April 2014, the Secretary of State determined that retired judges serving as members of the Parole B...
- Henderson, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for Justice, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, January 27, 2015,  EWHC 130 (Admin)
1. The principal issue in this claim is whether statutory changes made to the ability of acquitted defendants in the Crown Court to recover their costs from central funds are compatible with the European Convention of Human Rights (``ECHR''). 2. On 15 July 2013 the claimant was acquitted at Kingston-upon-Thames Crown Court of a single count of assa...
- BG Global Energy Ltd & Ors v Talisman Sinopec Energy UK Ltd & Ors, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, January 27, 2015,  EWHC 110 (Comm)
2. Talisman Energy Inc is a global upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Canada. The First Defendant (``Talisman'') has since about 17 December 2012 been in a joint venture between Talisman Energy Inc and the Sinopec Group (prior to that Talisman was the principal operating subsidiary of Talisman Energy Inc in the UK). The Second Defendan...
- Ames & Anor v The Spamhaus Project Ltd & Anor, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, January 27, 2015,  EWHC 127 (QB)
2. The claimants are two entrepreneurs, one (``Mr Ames'') an Australian citizen and the other (``Mr McGee'') a citizen of the United States, who are both resident in California. Between them they set up and until about December 2013 were involved with a bulk email marketing services business, initially through a US corporation called Blackstar Med...
- Kerner v WX & Anor, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, January 27, 2015,  EWHC 128 (QB)
1. On the afternoon of 22 January 2015 I heard an application for an injunction to restrain harassment by persons unknown of Katherine Kerner and her son Jack, aged 9, in various ways including by publication. The application was made by Mr Lawson-Cruttenden on what was described as an emergency basis following events that morning outside the home...
- Simpson v MGN Ltd & Anor, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, January 27, 2015,  EWHC 126 (QB)
1. On 19 January 2015 I tried the preliminary issue of what defamatory meanings were borne by the words complained of in this action, and heard the claimant's application to strike out the plea of justification, and the defendant's cross-application for permission to amend that plea. I handed down judgment on 21 January 2015, and made an order str...
- Gallaher Group Ltd & Anor, R (on the application of) v Competition and Markets Authority, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, January 26, 2015,  EWHC 84 (Admin)
1. These two claims have pursuant to directions given by Blake J following his grant of permission to pursue them on 5 August 2014 been heard together. They raise issues which are common to both. The defendant was until 1 April 2014 the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and it is convenient to continue to refer to it as the OFT in this judgment since al...
- Trail Riders Fellowship v Secretary of State for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, January 26, 2015,  EWHC 85 (Admin)
1. This claim is brought pursuant to paragraph 12 of Schedule 15 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (the 1981 Act) against the decision of an inspector on behalf of the defendant who on 4 June 2014 confirmed with modifications an order entitled the Derbyshire County Council (Byway Open to All Traffic along Bradley Lane between Pilsley village...
- Northsea Base Investment Ltd & Ors Re: The Insolvency Act 1986, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, January 26, 2015,  EWHC 121 (Ch)
1. This is an application on behalf of the administrators for each of the companies named in the heading of this judgment. The administrators were appointed on the 15 January 2015 in an out of court procedure. The application seeks a declaration relating to the centre of main interests (``COMI'') for each of the companies. The declaration is sou...
- The Prudential Assurance Company Ltd v HM Revenue and Customs, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, January 26, 2015,  EWHC 118 (Ch)
1. The purpose of this judgment is to resolve some outstanding questions of principle which have emerged in the working out of the order dated 28 January 2014 (``the January 2014 Order'') which I made after hearing argument on consequential matters on that date, following the handing down of my judgment in the present case (``the Main Judgment'') o...