Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Aburn v Aburn, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, February 04, 2016,  EWCA Civ 72
1. This appeal is a second appeal arising from financial provision orders made following divorce proceedings in the Family Court at Dartford. The narrow issue before this court relates to one element in the initial order made by a deputy district judge providing for an automatic increase in the level of periodical payments payable to the wife foll...
- Johnson, R v, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, February 03, 2016,  EWCA Crim 10
2. The appellant has leave and the benefit of a representation order granted by the Single Judge. There is no appeal against the sentence which was imposed after the appellant pleaded guilty to 16 counts of fraud against her employer, the Leeds Credit Union. On 25th September 2012 she received a sentence of 2 months imprisonment suspended for 2 y...
- Essence Bars (London) Ltd (t/a Essence), R (on the application of) v Wimbledon Magistrates' Court & Anor, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, February 03, 2016,  EWCA Civ 63
1. This is an appeal by Essence Bars (London) Ltd, trading as ``Essence'', hereafter ``the appellant'', the premises licence holder for a nightclub at premises at Bucklands Wharf, Thameside, Kingston upon Thames, against the order of Wilkie J sealed on 19 December 2014, reflecting his judgment after a ``rolled up'' hearing:  EWHC 4334 (Admin)
- The Gulf Agencies Ltd v Ahmed, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, February 03, 2016,  EWCA Civ 44
1. The appellant is the landlord of business premises. The tenant, the respondent to this appeal, brought proceedings under Part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 for the grant of a new tenancy. The landlord resisted the application on the ground set out in section 30(1)(g), that he intended to occupy the premises for the purposes of a busin...
- Smech Properties Ltd v Runnymede Borough Council & Anor, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, February 03, 2016,  EWCA Civ 42
1. This is an appeal against the judgment of Patterson J by which she dismissed a claim by the appellant for judicial review of a planning permission RU.13/0856 granted by the first respondent (``the Council'') on 12 August 2014 for mixed use development on part of the former Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (DERA) site north of the M3 at Cho...
- Sugar Hut Group Ltd & Ors v A J Insurance Service (A Partnership), Court of Appeal - Civil Division, February 03, 2016,  EWCA Civ 46
1. This is an appeal against a costs order made by Eder J in the Commercial Court after a three day hearing to assess the quantum of damages to which the Claimants/Appellants were entitled, liability having earlier been compromised on terms that the Defendant/Respondent pay 65% of the Claimants' recoverable losses. 2. The claim arose out of a ser...
- Ibrahim, R (on the application of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 02, 2016,  EWHC 158 (Admin)
i) Between 19 August and 29 September 2014, as a breach of the Defendant's published policy not to detain those where there is independent evidence that they had been tortured, save in very exceptional circumstances. ii) Between 27 August and 29 September 2014 as a breach of the Hardial Singh principles, as removal was no longer imminent once these...
- Socha v District Court Ostravia (Czech Republic) & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, February 02, 2016,  EWHC 139 (Admin)
1. This case concerns an appeal against a decision of 6 August 2015 taken by District Judge Blake sitting in the Westminster Magistrates' Court to order the extradition of the Appellant to the Czech Republic, and a challenge by way of judicial review to a linked decision by District Judge Purdy, made on 29 June 2015, to refuse a witness summons to
- Six Continents Ltd v The Commissioners of Inland Revenue, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, February 02, 2016,  EWHC 169 (Ch)
1. On 18 January 2016 I heard an opposed application by the claimants (``Six Continents'') for permission to amend their particulars of claim in order to mount a challenge to the lawfulness under EU and Human Rights law of new primary legislation enacted by section 38 of the Finance (No. 2) Act 2015 and now contained in Part 8C (sections 357YA to 3...
- Gold Reserve Inc v The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, February 02, 2016,  EWHC 153 (Comm)
1. This is an application by the Defendant, the Republic of Venezuela (``Venezuela''), to set aside an order of this court made ex parte on documents alone granting leave to the Claimant, Gold Reserve Inc. (``GRI''), to enforce an arbitration award in the same manner as a judgment of this court and giving judgment in the terms of the award. 2. The...