Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Nelson & Anor, R v, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, October 20, 2016,  EWCA Crim 1517
1. Scott Nelson and Mubarak Shaibu appeal against sentence by leave of the Single Judge. Nelson also renews his application for leave to appeal conviction limited to a single ground which raises a point of some wider significance in relation to the propriety of permitting overlapping charges to be left to the jury. B. Shaibu (i) The facts in the ...
- Norman, R v, Court of Appeal - Criminal Division, October 20, 2016,  EWCA Crim 1564
1. The appellant was a prison officer at HMP Belmarsh. Between May 2006 and April 2011, he had a corrupt relationship with Stephen Moyes, a tabloid journalist who was working for the Daily Mirror until 2010, and thereafter for the News of the World. The newspapers paid the appellant sums totalling £10,684 in return for information supplied to Mr
- R (Final), Re, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 20, 2016,  EWCA Civ 1016
1. This appeal concerns one year old H. The appellant is his father and the respondent is his mother. They are engaged in proceedings about the arrangements for H following their separation. Geography is important to the appeal so I need to explain immediately that whilst together, they were based in Kent, but the proceedings were issued by the mot...
- JEB Recoveries LLP v Binstock, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, October 19, 2016,  EWCA Civ 1008
1. This is an appeal by the defendant, Mr Binstock, against the order of His Honour Judge Barker QC, sitting as a judge of the High Court, made on 8 May 2015, declaring that the court had jurisdiction to hear what has been described as the third claim of the claimant, JEB Recoveries LLP (``JEB''), and dismissing an application by Mr Binstock that t...
- R (on the application of Ingenious Media Holdings plc) and another (Appellants) v Commissioners for Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (Respondent)
- R (on the application of Johnson) (Appellant) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (Respondent)
- R v Mitchell (Respondent) (Northern Ireland)
- T & N Asbestos Trustee Company Ltd, Re, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, October 18, 2016,  EWHC 2594 (Ch)
1. On the 28th September 2016 I heard an application made by the claimant (``the Trustee''), the sole trustee of the UK Asbestos Trust (``the Trust'') constituted by a trust deed dated 10th October 2006 (``the Trust Deed''). The Part 8 claim seeks the court's permission to enter into an agreement with the Federal-Mogul Asbestos Personal Injury Trus...
- Sovereign Trustees Ltd & Anor v Lewis, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, October 18, 2016,  EWHC 2593 (Ch)
2. The First Claimant (``Sovereign'') is the current trustee of the Scheme. The Second Claimant is the principal employer (``Leisure Connection''). The Defendant (``Mrs Lewis'') is a pensioner member of the Scheme and represents all those members and beneficiaries of the relevant section of the Scheme. Sovereign represents all other members and
- Riley & Ors v Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, October 18, 2016,  EWHC 2531 (Admin)
1. This is an appeal by way of case stated (``the Case'') from the judgment, dated 30th September, 2015 (``the judgment'') of District Judge Clarke, sitting at the Blackburn magistrates' court, determining a number of preliminary issues in relation to criminal proceedings brought under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 (``the Act''). 2. As appears from...