Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Bokrosova v London Borough of Lambeth, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, November 24, 2015,  EWHC 3386 (Admin)
c. to recommend that officers consult further on options for significant regeneration of CGE (as set out in the report) and that a viable regeneration proposal be brought back to the Council's Cabinet (`the Cabinet') in May 2015 with full supporting evidence; d. that there was a commitment to work with residents to develop the regeneration proposa...
- Harding Homes (East Street) Ltd & Ors v Bircham Dyson Bell (a firm) & Anor, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, November 24, 2015,  EWHC 3329 (Ch)
1. The second to fourth claimants are builders who were liable under a guarantee (``the Guarantee'') of the company claimant's liabilities in relation to a development (``the Development'') in Colchester to a bank, GMAC-RFC Property Finance Limited, known as GMAC. The defendants are firms of solicitors. It is common ground that the proper defendan...
- Ras Al Khaimah Investment Authority & Ors v Bestfort Development LLP, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, November 24, 2015,  EWHC 3383 (Ch)
1. This is an application by six Applicants which are entities forming part of the arrangements for investing the sovereign wealth of the state of Ras Al Khaimah, one of seven Emirates forming the United Arab Emirates. The first three Applicants are based in Ras Al Khaimah and the 4th 5th and 6th Applicants were incorporated to take part in the va...
- Atkinson v Geoffrey Robinson Ltd, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, November 24, 2015,  EWHC 3387 (QB)
2. It arises from a decision made by Master Gidden under the `Show Cause' procedure relating to mesothelioma claims provided for in part 6 of Practice Direction 3D. The note at 3DPD.6.1 states this of the `Show Cause' procedure: ``This is defined as a requirement by the court, of its own initiative and usually on a costs in the case basis, for the...
- IG Index Ltd v Ehrentreu, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, November 24, 2015,  EWHC 3390 (QB)
1. IG Index Ltd, the Claimant, is a spread-betting company authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (``FSA''). Mr Ehrentreu, the Defendant, had been a customer of the Claimant since 2001. The written agreement that the Claimant had entered into with the Defendant that governed the relationship between the parties at all materi...
- Rich v Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, November 24, 2015,  EWHC 3395 (QB)
1. This is the trial of Miss Melissa Rich's claim for damages for clinical negligence in the period leading up to her birth at the Defendant's hospital, the Hull Royal Infirmary, on 17th June 1993. The Court has previously ordered that the issues of liability and causation should be addressed at this trial, with the issue of quantum, should the nee...
- Severfield (UK) Ltd v Duro Felguera UK Ltd, Court of Appeal - Technology and Construction Court, November 24, 2015,  EWHC 3352 (TCC)
1. Although this is not an adjudication enforcement case, it raises a number of issues, some of them novel, concerning the Housing Grants (Construction and Regeneration) Act 1996 (``the 1996 Act''). In particular, it highlights the potential difficulty of payment provisions under a contract concerned with both construction operations and operation...
- Cockram v Air Products Plc (Age Discrimination), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, November 24, 2015,  UKEAT 0122_15_2411
1. This is the appeal of the Claimant in the case of Michael Cockram and Air Products plc. We will refer to the parties as Claimant and Respondent as they were in the Employment Tribunal. Mr James Laddie QC along with Mr Daniel Tatton-Brown appeared for the Claimant and Mr Daniel Stilitz QC along with Mr Andrew Blake appeared for the Respondent.
- Adam, R (on the application of) v General Medical Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, November 23, 2015,  EWHC 3378 (Admin)
1. This is a claim for judicial review by Dr. Sheila Adam. She was Public Health Director with Barts Health NHS Trust until her retirement in 2013 and was formerly Deputy Chief Medical Officer and Director of Policy and Director of Public Health for NHS London. She complains about the failure of the defendant to refer for investigation her compla...
- Dowson v The General Medical Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, November 23, 2015,  EWHC 3379 (Admin)
1. Dr. Andrew Dowson ("the appellant") appeals under s. 40 of the Medical Act 1983 ("the Act") from a decision of the Fitness to Practise Panel ("the Panel") of the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (part of the General Medical Council) dated 19th February 2015 directing that the appellant's registration be suspended for four months. The respo...