Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Abunasir, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, July 28, 2015,  EWHC 2145 (Admin)
1. This is a Judgment following a substantive judicial review hearing. The Claimant is an illegal entrant and failed asylum seeker in respect of whom the Defendant has made a Deportation Order following his release from a period of custody in respect of a serious criminal offence. The Claimant was detained at the conclusion of the custodial perio...
- Ali v Secretary of State for Justice, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, July 28, 2015,  EWHC 2221 (Admin)
2. This is a judgment following a substantive hearing in Judicial Review proceedings. Although the hearing took place in October 2014 the matter has been delayed by the Court allowing the parties an opportunity to make further submissions in the light of a decision of Mr Justice Collins addressing similar issues handed down just over a month after
- Devon Wildlife Trust, R (On the Application Of) v Teignbridge District Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, July 28, 2015,  EWHC 2159 (Admin)
1. This claim concerns the decision of the Defendant planning authority (``the Council'') of 10 October 2014 to grant the Interested Party (``the Developer'') outline planning permission for up to 230 dwellings and 2,500 sq m employment space at land at Station Hill, Chudleigh, Devon (``the Site''). 2. The Site covers an area of approximately 12.
- Richmond Pharmacology Ltd, R (On the Application Of) v The Health Research Authority, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, July 28, 2015,  EWHC 2238 (Admin)
1. By this application for judicial review, Richmond Pharmacology Ltd (``the Claimant'') seeks to challenge certain public statements by the Health Research Authority (``the Defendant'') in relation to the latter's characterisation of the duties of those sponsoring and carrying out clinical trials: specifically, the Claimant contends that the Defen...
- Ministry of Defence v Holloway & Ors (Jurisdictional Points), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, July 28, 2015,  UKEAT 0396_14_2807
By a Treaty of 1960, the UK constituted the island of Cyprus an independent state, but retained two areas of the Island as military base areas (the Sovereign Base Areas - ``SBAs''). Civilians who were dependents of service personnel or civil servants accompanying the Armed Forces in the SBAs engaged while in Cyprus as employees of the MOD complaine...
- Higham, R (on the application of) v Venning & Ors, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, July 24, 2015,  EWHC 2191 (Admin)
1. The Claimant challenges the decision of the Defendant council to grant planning permission to the First Interested Party for the erection of a single wind turbine together with associated infrastructure at Furzedown Farm, Lanreath, Looe in Cornwall (``the Site''). Factual Background 2. On 15 August 2014 Mr Venning applied to the Council for p...
- Oluwashegun v General Medical Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, July 24, 2015,  EWHC 2146 (Admin)
1. Dr Daniellle Oluwashegun (``the appellant'') appeals against a decision of the Fitness to Practise Panel of the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (``the Panel'') made on 11 June 2014 ordering that her name be erased from the Medical Register. 2. The background to the decision now under appeal is that the appellant's registration had been s...
- Flanagan v Liontrust Investment Partners LLP & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, July 24, 2015,  EWHC 2171 (Ch)
1. This judgment deals with liability issues in an ``unfair prejudice'' petition under section 994 of the Companies Act 2006 brought by Eoghan Flanagan (``Mr Flanagan'') in relation to the affairs of a limited liability partnership, Liontrust Investment Partners LLP (``the LLP''). Mr Flanagan joined the LLP on 4 October 2011 and claims still to be
- Thomas & Anor v Albutt, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, July 24, 2015,  EWHC 2187 (Ch)
1. This is a claim by Mr and Mrs Thomas against a barrister, Mr Albutt, for damages for alleged negligence by him in connection with advice he allegedly gave, or failed to give, when he was advising Mr and Mrs Thomas in connection with an application, made in February 2009, by the Usk Valley Conservation Group (``the UVCG''), seeking a judicial rev...
- Menon & Ors v Herefordshire Council, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, July 24, 2015,  EWHC 2165 (QB)
1. There are before the court two applications made in the context of a claim for misfeasance in public office arising out of actions taken by the employees of the Defendant, Herefordshire Council, in connection with the running of Rosedale Residential Home (``Rosedale''), in Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. 2. The first is an application for summary...