Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- McDonnell v HM Assistant Coroner for West London, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 06, 2016,  EWHC 3078 (Admin)
1 This is an application brought with the fiat of the Attorney-General pursuant to section 13 of the Coroners Act 1988 (``the 1998 Act'') seeking an order that an inquest into the death of Leo McDonnell be quashed and there be a new inquest before a different coroner. The claimant is Catherine McDonnell, the widow of the deceased. The defendant is
- NVidia Corporation & Ors v Hardware Labs Performance Systems Inc, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, December 06, 2016,  EWHC 3135 (Ch)
1. This is a trade mark action in which the claimants seek injunctive and damages relief in respect of what is said to be a groundless threat of proceedings for infringement of a trade mark, and also claim a declaration of non-infringement. There are three applications before me. The first is a defendant's summary judgment and strike-out applicat...
- Adams & Ors v Atlas International Property Services Ltd & Ors, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, December 05, 2016,  EWHC 3120 (QB)
1. The Claimants were purchasers of properties in Spain who paid the purchase price, but did not acquire title to their properties. They now sue the English agents and the Spanish lawyers who were involved in the purchases, alleging negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and unlawful means conspiracy. 2. These two actions concern 10 apartments or c...
- Birmingham City Council v Pardoe, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, December 05, 2016,  EWHC 3119 (QB)
1. This is an appeal against a judgment of HH Judge Worster given on 18th August 2016 in the County Court at Birmingham in proceedings under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 (``the 2014 Act''). 2. The claimant Birmingham City Council (``the Authority'') claimed an injunction pursuant to section 1 of the 2014 Act against Mr Par...
- Eatherley v London Borough of Camden & Anor, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 02, 2016,  EWHC 3108 (Admin)
1. This is a challenge to the decision of the London Borough of Camden (``the Council'') to grant a lawful development certificate under section 192 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (``the 1990 Act'') to the interested party, Mr James Ireland. It was for a development described in it as the excavation of a single story basement under the
- Holder v Gedling Borough Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, December 02, 2016,  EWHC 3095 (Admin)
1. This case concerns a challenge to the reasoning set out in an Officer's Report (``the Report''), which recommended to a planning committee (``the Committee'') that they approve permission for a 50 metre high turbine on a farm within 120 metre of a bridleway. The case, at base, concerns the rationality of the reasons of the relevant planning offi...
- Gloucester Place Music Ltd v Le Bon & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, December 02, 2016,  EWHC 3091 (Ch)
1. In these proceedings the Claimant seeks declarations that the Defendants, who comprise the current or former members of the pop group Duran Duran and their service companies, have acted in breach of various music publishing and associated agreements (``the Agreements'') by serving a series of notices under section 203 of the United States Copyri...
- NGPOD Global Ltd v Aspirate N Go Ltd, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, December 02, 2016,  EWHC 3105 (Ch)
1. This is an appeal from a hearing officer in the IPO (Mr Stephen Probert). The proceedings in which he gave his decision were proceedings in which the claimant (``NGPOD'') seeks to establish its entitlement to one UK patent and two pending international patent applications (numbered GB 2523591B, PCT/GB 2015/050538 and PCT/GB 2015/050539 respecti...
- Property Renaissance Ltd (t/a Titanic Spa) v Stanley Dock Hotel Ltd (t/a Titanic Hotel Liverpool) & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, December 02, 2016,  EWHC 3103 (Ch)
1. This is a battle about trade marks which include the name ``Titanic''. Property Renaissance Ltd (``Titanic Huddersfield'') trades under the name ``Titanic Spa''. It runs a luxury spa business which is located in an Edwardian former textile mill known as Titanic Mills. Titanic Mills was constructed in 1911 and was so named because of its large si...
- MUR Joint Ventures BV v Compagnie Monegasque De Banque, Court of Appeal - Commercial Court, December 02, 2016,  EWHC 3107 (Comm)
1. This is a claim by MUR Joint Ventures BV (``MUR'') for US$500,000 plus interest under a demand guarantee (``the Guarantee'') issued by the defendant, Compagnie Monegasque de Banque, a private bank based in Monaco (``the Bank''). The Guarantee was issued pursuant to a joint operations agreement between MUR and a company called Monaco Seatrade SA...