Sources in this library
- Competition Appeals Tribunal
- Dispute Resolution Service
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- England and Wales Care Standards Tribunal
- England and Wales Court of Appeal
- England and Wales High Court of Justice
- England and Wales Lands Tribunal
- Financial Services and Markets Tribunals
- First-tier Tribunal (Health Education and Social Care Chamber)
- House of Lords
- Privy Council
- Supreme Court
- Upper Tribunal
- Unite The Union v Nailard (Jurisdictional Points : Worker, employee or neither), Court of Appeal - United Kingdom Employment Appeal Tribunal, September 27, 2016,  UKEAT 0300_15_2709
1. The ET held that the elected officers were employees of the Respondent under the extended definition in section 83(2) of the Equality Act 2010. Appeal allowed on this ground. The elected officers were not employees under the extended definition. Allonby v Accrington & Rossendale College  IRLR 224, Jivraj v Hashwani  IRLR 827 and H...
- Chancery Client Partners Ltd & Ors v MRC 957 Ltd & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, September 23, 2016,  EWHC 2142 (Ch)
1. This was to have been the trial of all the various claims by the second to fourth claimants against the first to third defendants arising out of the purchase by the claimants of certain tax saving schemes on the advice of the first defendant, a limited company controlled by Mr Mark Coyle until his death and which carried on business as tax and a...
- El-Huseini v General Medical Council, Court of Appeal - Administrative Court, September 23, 2016,  EWHC 2326 (Admin)
1. Dr El-Huseini seeks to appeal against the decision of the Medical Practitioners Tribunal given by letter dated 25 May 2016 that his fitness to practise is impaired by reason of misconduct and his adverse physical and mental health, and that in consequence he should be suspended from the Medical Register for a period of 12 months. A hearing was h...
- DB v The General Medical Council, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, September 23, 2016,  EWHC 2331 (QB)
1. This is the hearing of a claim by the Claimant General Practitioner, anonymised as Dr DB (DB), against the General Medical Council (GMC) to prevent it from disclosing to his former patient (P), pursuant to his request under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), an expert report (the Report) obtained by the GMC for the purpose of investigating P's
- Affinity Financial Awareness Ltd & Anor v Ferguson & Ors, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, September 21, 2016,  EWHC 2319 (QB)
1. The Claimants (respectively ``Affinity'' and ``Affinity Connect'') are wholly owned subsidiaries of the Farleigh Group Ltd (``Farleigh''). Farleigh offers two services to public sector employees: first, through Affinity Connect, it delivers educational seminars to those nearing retirement; secondly, if after attending a seminar an attendee wishe...
- Baker & Anor v Dunne & Ors, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, September 20, 2016,  EWHC 2318 (Ch)
1. On 14 July 2016 I heard an application made by the claimants, as trustees of the trust of the will of Jean Montgomery, who died on 6 September 1997, for Beddoe relief. I will refer to the claimants as the Trustees. The three defendants are Jean Montgomery's children who are equal beneficiaries under the trusts created by her will. The applicatio...
- IG Index Ltd v Cloete, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, September 16, 2016,  EWHC 2297 (QB)
1. On 21 December 2015, on the defendant's application, I ordered that this action should not go to trial, because it would have been disproportionate to allow the time of the court to be taken up, and substantial expenditure to be incurred, to so little purpose: see  EWHC 3698 (QB). 2. However, the action was not struck out ab initio, nor w...
- Campaign To Protect Rural England, Kent (CPRE), R (On the Application Of) v Dover District Council, Court of Appeal - Civil Division, September 14, 2016,  EWCA Civ 936
1. This is an appeal against the judgment of Mitting J delivered in the Administrative Court on 16 December 2015, by which he gave permission for the appellant to seek judicial review of a planning permission granted by the Dover District Council (the first respondent) on 1 April 2015, but dismissed the substantive claim. The appellant, CPRE Kent,
- Ravenscroft v Canal & River Trust, Court of Appeal - Chancery Division, September 14, 2016,  EWHC 2282 (Ch)
1. This judgment deals with an application made by the claimant (``Mr Ravenscroft'') for Mr Nigel Moore to be permitted to act as his McKenzie Friend for the purposes of this claim against the Canal & River Trust (``CRT''). Judgment was reserved on this point at the hearing on 1st September 2016. Background 2. Mr Ravenscroft is the owner of a thirt...
- Tilley, R (on the application of) v The Vale of Glamorgan Council, Court of Appeal - Queen's Bench Division, September 13, 2016,  EWHC 2272 (QB)
1. This is a claim for judicial review of a decision of the Defendant, the Vale of Glamorgan Council, taken by its cabinet on 8 February 2016. By that decision, the Defendant resolved (1) to agree to establish five community libraries, including one at Rhoose, by 31 May 2016, (2) to delegate authority to the Head of Legal Services, in consultation...